To combat this dilemma of increasing network costs combined with lower revenue, telecom carriers are relentlessly reducing spending on network infrastructure while increasing the efficiency of their network operations. Industry efforts such as Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) or Software Defined Networking (SDN) are being pursued to reduce the cost of owning and operating network infrastructure. And in parallel carriers are installing more robust and intelligent devices such as network monitoring and deep packet inspection (DPI) systems to improve the efficiency of their networks by, for example, detecting and eliminating malicious traffic before it enters the network.
The challenge faced by telecom carriers is to maintain a high quality of service level while simultaneously cutting “cost per bit” to combat the revenue squeeze they are experiencing due to a variety of factors such as:
- The rise of OTT services. Over-the-top (OTT) video, voice and messaging services such as NetFlix, Skype and WhatsApp have cut in to existing revenue streams for video, voice and messaging (e.g. texting) services.
- Increased Competition. The definition today of what constitutes a telecom carrier is blurred. For instance is Google a telecom carrier? Well they are rolling out fiber, have a large number of data centers and provide wireless services.
- Net Neutrality. Concerns over net neutrality have hampered the ability of telecom carriers to offer different levels of service depending upon the willingness of content providers to pay.
Why Accolade Technology?
Accolade Technology is a leading provider of the most advanced FPGA based application acceleration PCIe Adapters/NICs. For over a decade Accolade has provided network adapter acceleration solutions to OEMs in the telecommunications market.
We offer global OEM customers, distributors, and systems integrators:
- A cost competitive solution to help accelerate the performance of telecom infrastructure.
- Unparalleled software expertise to help minimize the effort required to implement your software logic on our FPGA based adapters.
- Leading edge products that are first to market and always ahead of the technology curve such as our dual port 100GigE solution.
- A 60-day, cost free product evaluation to allow you to test and evaluate Accolade’s comprehensive feature sets and seamless API integration.